Increase of Backup Quota
Your Base Service includes backup for one user and three computers. The total volume in your backup (quota) can be up to 50 GB. What you use is clearly visible in your backup reports and also in the web interface.
Should you wish to increase the volume from originally 50 GB, you can easily do it yourself in Storegate web interface and choose from 100, 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 GB.
The approximate monthly cost is stated in where you choose volume on the storage space and then it’s the cost of the new minus the base for 50GB. Exact price is given upon request.
Since 50GB is more than usual for most, we would like to look at the cause of your volume needs, partly to exclude problems, but also review your backup needs to see if we have other solutions that better fit your environment.
- Simple to use, since it is not very fun to realize that your settings were wrong when you need to restore, and the files are lost forever.
- Easy to do restore, and also just for test restore an old version of a file.
- Regularly provide reports that it works, because as it runs in the background it is easy to miss if it has stopped.
- Must be run directly ( after changing file) because you can not assume that the computer is turned on at night, or directly after the computer is turned on after a missed backup cycle.
- Should be able to manage multiple versions of files, not just the recent.
- Should be able to manually start an extra backup.
- Should be stored in Sweden, in the protected data center, and with good encryption.
- Must run in the background and not take unnecessarily power/load from the computer.
- It is preferred that you can configure use of resources, otherwise it can slow down old computers and if using a slow internet connection.
- Must be possible to do pause on the backup, in case it is inappropriate time to do it (for example, a notebook via cell phone on a ski holiday in Alps).